Welcome to Writing 4!
Hi everyone and welcome to Writing 4! This course will be quite similar to Writing 3, with some differences.
First of all, the course is based around blogging. Probably, you can all type faster and write more than you could in the 1st semester, so you can enjoy blogging more and make your blogs more interesting.
Second, as in the first semester, you should write weekly book reviews.
Third, we will also have regular writing assignments. But there will be more variety in the assignments. We will do some work exploring and explaining Kumamoto, and we will try to use some multimedia. We will work in pairs or small groups sometimes. I will try to link some of your activities to those of the Modern English 4 students in the Faculty of Letters at PUK, so you can share ideas with them.
Last semester, I generally used different blogs with different classes. This semester I am doing everything on this blog. The most important messages to Writing 4 students will be marked "wri4". But you should read as many of my other posts as possible, particularly those marked "teachertalk". Also, I have created a class calendar, with dates of classes and assignment deadlines. Remember these are deadlines: if you do the assignments early, you don't need to worry about them.
Finally, I'm going to ask you to create a new blog on Blogger beta for this class, linked to a GMail account. It may be a little inconvenient at first, but the features are much better than the original Blogger, and it allows you to change colours and the appearance of your blog easily.
