Writing 3, Session 9 (June 20th, 2007)

Today's typing test: University
Next week's typing test: University

Post target before next week's class: 55

Last week, I made a mistake looking at the calendar and gave you an incorrect target number of posts. Sorry! But hopefully, you will now have a little "yoyuu". That's good because I want you to have lots of time to improve your typing.

The target is 100 words in 5 minutes. This gives you enough speed to enjoy blogging. If possible, I would like everyone to reach this target. For those who cannot reach this target, I'm giving you a new minimum target of 75 words. It is not possible to pass the course without reaching this target. Without reaching 85 words, it will not be possible to get a higher grade. Remember that next semester you will be expected to type at a rate of 100 words, so it is best to reach this target as soon as possible.

Important points for the weekly typing test:

  1. Remember the topic and prepare for it. If you don't prepare, the typing test becomes a combined composition/typing test. If you prepare you can just concentrate on typing.
  2. Get to class on time, start up the computer, log in, start up Word, and type the title. Then start typing as soon as the timer starts.

0 comments: