Writing 3: June 13th

Last week, we didn't have much time to work on "Essay" 4, a presentation about Kumamoto, but you did have a chance to start thinking about the topic, and to experiment with Keynote and/or PowerPoint. This week, we'll start serious work on the presentation. Key points are:

  1. Save the work you do, preferably in at least 2 ways/places;*
  2. 5 slides minimum, and about 10 slides maximum;
  3. You can base your presentation on Essay 2, or do something a little different;
  4. You shouldn't have long paragraphs on your slides. It's better to use small amounts of text and some images;
  5. Because the amount of text is small, please make sure it's well-written!
If time allows, I'll show you how to sign up for SlideShare, the service we will use to put the presentation into our blogs.

* Please save images and notes as well as your presentation file. In the future, we may use those again to present the information with your voice.

One other thing: I had forgotten all about the "Word Count" widget, but was reminded about it when I saw it on a few students' blogs. I recommend that you install it in your blog footer; then you can count the words in your posts easily.

0 comments: