GA 体 Parade
Last Sunday, I went to the self-defense forces parade in Kengun, which is the biggest base in Kyushu, I hear. Lots of people lined the street called Jieitai-doori in Kengun. Many soldiers paraded by, and they brought tanks and other armored vehicles. The tanks were very big and heavy and I thought perhaps they damage the road. They also brought missile launchers of various kinds. The finale was about 20 jets flying over in formation.
After the parade everyone went into the SDF base, which was open for the day. There were lots of food stalls, and there was a concert, too. The band was very good. I talked to a soldier and he said that he had come from Fukuoka that morning and would be going back that same evening. Other soldiers had come from other places in Kyushu, he said.
I felt rather ill later that day. I was sneezing very heavily and I felt terribly tired, but the next day I was fine. A few students also told me they felt ill on Sunday. I wonder if it was fumes from the jets and tanks and other vehicles all brought together in Kumamoto.
I'll add some photos later.
