Typing 5: Kumamoto

I like Kumamoto very much. I think it's a nice size for a xcity. Not so big like Tokyo but not too small like Yatsushiro! Because the city is fairly big, there is a wide variety of food shops. I'd like to talk about bakeries. Here are some of my favorites. Bon Gout on Obiyama Joshidaidoori (and recently also in Uchinomaki in Aso) has a wide range of “kashi pan”, which I don't like so much but also 2 masterpieces: a heavy rye fruit bread loaf and a wholewheat loaf. The latter is only baked once a week. In Aso, there is a very famous bakery called Merukoro. This has been in business for 10 years or so. When it started it was just one shop on the side oif the road in a fairly deserted area. Now, it is the centre of a big cluster of shops and restaurants. Another favorite is (153 words)

0 comments: