The last few weeks
These last few weeks I haven't had much free time, because I had 2 presentations to prepare for conferences. The first one was 3 weeks ago in Nagoya, and the next one is this coming weekend in Makuhari, in Chiba. Because I've also been preparing for the new semester, I've been working every weekend and also late most evenings. One thing I'm looking forward to is tonight's party! I'm going with my colleagues from the Division of Ecology and Environmental Resources, Faculty of Environmental & Symbiotic Sciences, at PUK. We're going to Little Kitchen, which is a small restaurant with only 3 tables, opposite the west entrance of PUK. They have many different kinds of food, and also about 15 different kinds of foreign drink.
I also watched an interesting DVD last weekend. It was called Human Trafficking. It was about a policewoman, played by Mira Sorvino, fighting a gang, led by Robert Carlyle, who kidnapped girls and sold them as slaves. Donald Sutherland was Mira Sorvino's boss. The story was very moving and the 3 leads were very good.
